Pages

Friday 28 October 2016

Crafty Cats Weekly Challenge #344 GDT



Happy Friday Crafters,

Here is my design for the Guest Design Team over at


This weeks challenge was anything goes with a twist using die cuts or punches,

Well many of you that know me knows that I can not stop where embellishments are concerned.
This pretty MDF butterfly was covered with Docrafts pretty pink papers and instead of using the same paper I cut for smaller patterns that all matched up, stuck them on using mod podge glue and to ensure it stuck down well went over it with a Brayer.
To get a real neat edge when using any MDF shape I always use a sanding block/paper downwards to get that neat finish.
Where the seems of the paper marched up I used some pretty pearl strips and then started to work on the centre decorations.
I used a tattered lace coil rose die and a mixture of X cut punches and Martha Stewart flower punches in different sizes all using a mixture from the paper pack.
Then its time to switch on that very trusty glue gun and get decorating.
I started with some sisal natural fibres to treat like a little birds nest in the centre then started to add in the flowers and some leaves and to finish it off I used 2 large pearl pins from Creative Expressions for the antennae and some mixed pink and cream stamina.

Mobile you enjoy this blog and why not pop over to the blog and see all the fantastic design done by the team.

Lots of crafting love X

2 comments:

  1. A very pretty card Zena. Great project. Hope you have a lovely weekend. Hugs Nina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Zena that is so very pretty, think I'm going to have to get me some of those wonderful MDF shapes pretty soon! Have a great week xx

    ReplyDelete